What do you need to do if you or a loved one are in an Auto Accident?

What do you need to do if you or a loved one are in an Auto Accident?

contact an auto accident attorney in Charleston, SC

After you or a loved one are involved in a collision, it is completely understandable that the last thing you want to deal with is the insurance company. However, more likely or not, the insurance company is already investigating and valuing your claim. So make sure you speak with a Charleston auto accident attorney before you have any conversation with an insurance adjuster to familiarize yourself with the process and to learn your rights.

Who Pays My Bills?

If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, the at-fault driver will be responsible for your medical bills as well as any consequential damages, including lost wages. Additionally, an injured person could be entitled to financial compensation for pain and suffering as well as punitive damages.

What about the Insurance Company?

After the accident the insurance company will try to get you to settle as fast as possible for less than your claim is worth. Remember insurance companies are about making money not ensuring you are fairly compensated for your injuries. Before you settle your claim, make sure you understand the full extent of your injuries and have completed your treatment with your medical provider.

What if I get hit by a drunk or distracted driver?

Statistically speaking, texting and driving is as dangerous as drinking and driving! The law of South Carolina reflects this by allowing injured persons to recover punitive damages if hit by a distracted driver just as they would if hit by a drunk driver.

Call (843) 608-0605 today to speak with an auto accident attorney in Charleston, SC.